Monday 28 March 2016

All her eggs in one basket...




found the miniature shopping basket in a quirky gift shop in Brighton's North Laines when E and I were down there in February. I had in mind making crochet fruit and veg but then Easter rolled round! I'll probably still have a go at making the fruit and veg.

I really enjoyed crocheting these life sized eggs. I used random DK cotton from my stash and instead of the suggested polystyrene inserts I used soft toy filling. Now that E and J are 18 and 15 respectively my memory of what they played with at what ages is hazy. I figure that sometime over the age of one my little niece will want to play shops, or throwing crochet eggs at Daddy, start talking about colours and counting, or whatever floats her boat really. I think these eggs will be a versatile toy.

E says that little E's memories of me will all involve crochet. Do I care? Not one bit. Eccentric crocheting aunt? Yep that'll do for me.

(The egg pattern is a free one by Red Heart.)

2 comments:

  1. I love the basket and such a great idea to fill it with fruit and veg, although I must admit to been a little in love with the eggs.

    ReplyDelete