Wednesday 27 March 2013

Settling down for the Easter break...

Aargh! The end of term crept up on me suddenly! My quiet time has now ended for a fortnight. I am thankful for a teenage sleepover tonight. It means we only have the all singing, all humming, noisy boy here tonight. One at a time works well. As you can imagine, the constant humming and random sound effects do sometimes wind big sisters up. Mind you, with loud music in one bedroom and sound effects in the other I am sometimes quite grateful I am deaf.

I've done as much spring cleaning as possible given that the kitchen knock through has begun and the master craftsman, ie. M, has strangely decided to finish the bathroom that he started five years ago! We've had a functioning bathroom all this time, it just lacked a few finishing touches; tile trim, pipe boxing in, blinds and a little shelf I've had kicking around for five years! Men are definitely from Mars.

Meanwhile, I've had a pleasant hour tackling all the skeins of cotton I had lying about in my cottons basket. These pesky things have to be wound into balls before you can use them or a big tangled mess is guaranteed! I just love the muted colours of these organic cottons, they look like they are straight out of the countryside.

The wool winder is great fun so I got a little carried away and rewound all the oddments of cotton too. They were already in neatish hand wound balls but now they are even neater! Such simple pleasures.

I made the little mouse in a very short amount of time during my afternoon ritual; watching a rubbish movie. In this household I am now known as the Queen of Cheese. These movies involve such themes as overcoming paraplegia, finding your birth mother, solving ridiculous inter-family murders. Actually, one of my all time favourite films was on the other day and J actually came out of his bedroom to watch it with me; Bugsy Malone. He first saw it when he was four and very much into wearing a hat all day long. We had to seek out a suitable hat and purchase the DVD of the film and I think he must have watched it a hundred times!

The mouse pattern is from Inside Crochet, issue 35.




5 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest crochet mouse I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a b****er to photograph! The little bag slips over her arm too. My daughter would have loved her when she was four!

      Delete
  2. hope you are finding some relaxing time amongst the holiday chaos. love those neatly bound balls of wool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I am definitely finding time to crochet. None of it very successful but some new little friends are popping up here and there! :-)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colours and very cute little mouse

    ReplyDelete