Thursday 6 December 2012

off the hook! shawl

Remember this? I started it way back in October as a convenient, simple travel project. When I got back from my travels it got pushed to the back of my wool cupboard and forgotten about.

Yesterday I had an urge to finish a work in progress so I dug this out and watched a soppy Christmas movie. I finished the project before the end of the movie!

For a shawl it should probably be a lot bigger but since I am unlikely to wear it as a shawl (more bandana style) I think it has turned out an ok size. I only had about a skein and a half of this scrumptious yarn having used the other half up for a knitted pouch. I will dig that out sometime too because it'll make the ideal storage bag for the shawl.

The yarn is Manos Del Uruguay Silk Blend in a colourway called 'Aurora'. When I looked this up I realised that the prices have gone up drastically since I bought my two skeins.

I'm coming to the end of my third Erika Knight snood, two of which are for presents. I don't think either recipient reads my blog so I may post a photo tomorrow.


2 comments: