Sunday 23 September 2012

off the hook...aran afghan

So much easier taking a blanket photo with a willing model. *J* has been itching to get underneath this one since I started it. He liked the red wool of the last one but says this one is thicker, warmer and slightly bigger.

I still have several balls of aran left over but decided to do a discrete border in the end. I tend to introduce too many stitches when I do borders and they end up puckering the blanket. Two rounds of dc and I feel I have just about got away without puckering the edges so I thought I'd quit whilst ahead!

The decorative stitches have given it a nice substantial thick feel. It is incredibly warm, and the size is more generous this time, so all in all it is good timing for the chilly winter evenings.

3 comments:

  1. It looks a real cosy blanket. Perfect for snuggling under in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think we might be fighting over this one. I had better start the next one! J x

      Delete
  2. brrrr just in time, there's a storm brewing... keep cosy x

    ReplyDelete