Friday 12 October 2012

a crochet u-turn...

I hit a psychological block with my simple cowl. It was soft and pliable but it bothered me that it looked stiff and uncomfortable. It was in danger of being thrown on the UFO pile until I remembered some bag handles I've been hoarding for years...

...and the uninspiring cowl became a magazine tote! Woohoo! I'm so happy with this bag as it turned out to be perfect for the handles and for magazines with no planning whatsoever! It needs a lining really but I will probably do that when I have to get the sewing machine set up for something else. (The sewing machine is not my best friend!).

One project 'off the hook' means I can start a new project right?

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to change the use of the cowl. It looks perfect for magazines,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, it definitely needs a lining but its good for now. I'm sneakily thinking of diverting a half finished crochet rug into a cushion cover now! J x

      Delete