Saturday 17 January 2015

The Buddha under the Bridge...








The first time I spotted the Buddha under the bridge I wanted to pause and sit for a little while. Unfortunately I wasn't alone that day, a flock of chocolate Labradors was within sight so we trudged on and left him there to return another day.

It's been cold, wet and windy this week and after one particularly unpleasant episode involving cold driving rain which reached my underwear and made my skin itch as I was warming up again I decided to watch any subsequent rainy afternoons from the comfort of the sofa. If I had a pair of waterproof trousers I would be happy to brave that kind of weather again, it was just as well I remembered my drawstring bag of front seat waterproof covers, bought for a vehicle, several jeeps ago. My drivers seat is fine but the boot smells like... well it's indescribable really. Damp dogs, stagnant ponds, muddy lakes, rotting bits of log that Harvey insists on bringing home with him.

These photos were all taken this morning. We left quite early and my car registered an outside temperature just above freezing. After a two hour walk, on the homeward stretch, I was carrying an extra jumper, hat, scarf and gloves, and the temperature was a lovely 6.5 degrees! Still not swimming weather but it didn't seem to deter Harvey.

H: Hey Riley!

R: Wassup Harv?

H: last one down to the lake is a sissy!

R: are you nuts bro? It's minus something in there y'know!

(Harvey sprints, takes off, lands with a four legged belly flop)

H: brrrgodalmightyrrrrrrrrrrr oh my god, I can't feel my legs, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. Hey Riley?

R: wassup?

H: it's lovely, c'mon in!

R: I'm just gonna stick to the edges thanks, I've got a heart murmer remember bro?

H: chicken.

R: lunatic.


2 comments: