Tuesday 20 March 2012

baring all...


It's not every day you bare your top half for 7 complete strangers! If you find a lump, like I did, don't let the thought of that put you off. Get it checked out. Even the needle biopsy wasn't as painful as I expected it to be, and I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to needles. I was fortunate enough to be able to take along a good friend, who did and said all the right things and took my mind off things in the waiting room.

Mr H must have been more worried than he let on because looked rather anxious when I got back, and he suggested a nice lunch out at one of my favourite cafes. Halfway there he realised that there would be a few charity shops and even managed not to moan about the possibility I might want to pop into them!

I found two little pottery jars for jam and marmalade (I haven't taken a pic of those yet) and a book I've been hoping would turn up in a charity shop, for 10p. My favourite find of the day is the ball of yarn pictured above. A whopping 150g of pure wool (it looks like Rowan Felted Tweed but probably isn't) for the grand sum of 50p. I think this might find it's way into my pebble beach blanket because it's quite a good colour match with one of the predominant south coast pebble colours. Happy days!

I keep reminding Mr H how lucky he is that I'm not a Jimmy Choo type wife! Two jam pots, an old book and a 50p ball of yarn and I'm as happy as a pig in clover!

1 comment:

  1. well done for getting checked out. and lovely charity shop hunting! x

    ReplyDelete