Thursday 16 April 2015

Off the hook...fave hat





Hastily taken snaps as we were going out first thing this morning. I didn't notice that I was wearing the square bit, square on if you know what I mean. I've been wearing it diagonally with a corner pointing skyward and one pointing down the back of my neck. Oh well. It was the second attempt at taking snaps. E wasn't feeling very generous with her time when we took the first set and the light wasn't good either. So, that's that.

The pattern is from the Easy Crochet series and this one was the 'Weekend' book. I used the alpaca mix yarn by Stylecraft. I like the slight fuzziness of this yarn, it's comfy and warm too.

If you can detect a slight smile in the top pic it's because I have something to smile about. I've managed to persuade M, that in the interests of sanity I need just a couple of days away from this madhouse. He initially suggested booking it for my birthday, which is on October....argh! When I calmly explained that I had nothing on my calendar that was solely for me to look forward to (plenty of cricket mind you, trips for the kids, festivals, concerts, cricket dinners for M) he finally got it, and we've shoe horned a two night break in between cricket, work and DIY on the kitchen.

I can't help but think it could all go pear shaped. It's been a while since we actually went anywhere without the kids and dogs in tow. We will either get on famously or we will annoy the hell out of each other. I've chosen something that is my idea of paradise. When I told E she said it was her idea of a punishment. Clearly she's the five star hotel with fluffy white bathrobe type (probably swapped at birth).



A field with a view of hills. A shepherds hut with a wood burning stove. No wifi, no tv, no hot tub. I cannot wait. I'm taking a big fat book, my typewriter and some crochet. Two nights and three days with very little else to do but read, write and crochet. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment