Saturday 14 March 2015

Weekending...




There aren't many mornings I wake up and say 'hey, I'm going to make muffins today!' Somehow the domestic goddess gene passed me by. I'd rather have been climbing trees than baking cakes despite my Mother and Grandmother's best efforts.

I have blueberries on muesli most mornings but this morning my blueberries looked decidedly past their best and being a bit on the pricey side (I really should try and grow my own) I thought muffins would be the best way to use a lot up and quickly.

Muffins never fail with my recipe book; Muffins Fast and Fantastic by Susan Reimer. It's incredibly quick and easy. I threw in about a third more blueberries than the recipe suggested likewise with the choc chip batch I made for the kids after these too.

No, the cup of tea is not an ingredient. It's an essential part of getting through the morning whilst slaving over a hot stove. Neither is belting out Lou Reed on Jake's old Lego ghetto blaster mentioned in the muffin book but everyone was out (Mothers Day tomorrow!) including our neighbour so it's only the dogs who are being disturbed from their slumber. Harvey says he prefers Roy Orbison. Riley likes Classical. There's no accounting for taste round here.


3 comments:

  1. Mmmm your muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tea is always an essential ingredient

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in tea with everything, on every occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete