Friday 24 January 2014

Picture weaving...


I think there should be a national craft kit amnesty. I confess I have a few. I came across this one on a recent sort out. It was given to E quite a few years back when she was the perfect age to try it. It had come from a friend's attic and the musty smell put her off a bit. Years later and the smell seems to have worn off a bit.


It was totally untouched inside. Little bundles of 100% wool and a chunky needle stored on a piece of red felt. I'm pretty sure that would be 100% acrylic and a plastic needle these days.


Here's a glimpse of what it should end up looking like. A landscape with trees in lovely 70s colours.


Since E is more into music than craft these days I thought I might as well have a go myself. Craft kits were the best gifts ever for me as a child but I don't remember trying picture weaving. I've done the straight lines, so far so good. I'll let you know how I get on with the more complicated shaping bits.

Naturally I am sidetracked with this when I have several rather more pressing crochet projects to finish. A baby boy blanket, J's blanket and several small projects. Let's hope this is the year of finishing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment