Wednesday 3 July 2013

British summer jumper...




I have at long last finished something! The main body of the jumper and first sleeve took a matter of days and the last sleeve took another week. I blame the cricket. This is a great Rowan pattern, ideal for beginners. I bought it when I first started knitting. This jumper lends itself to easy variations and alterations. I added quite a bit of length to the main body and sleeves; the pattern seems to be based on people under five feet tall! Next time I make one I plan to do a traditional rib for the cuffs and bottom. I can see the curling up of the stocking stitch is going to annoy me, even if it is blocked or steamed.

The funnel neck, whilst it looks better on, is a bit generous, 7 rows I think. I might leave a few out next time. I'm quite pleased with the fit though. It hugs in all the right places which will make for a very warm layer. Just perfect for the British summer we've been having lately!


Some more cricket news; Ella played really well last night. She bowled well but the highlight of the match for her was batting at number 3 and staying in until the end. She was quite pleased with that since she is more of a bowler. She got a quarter of the teams total runs and was awarded 'woman of the match' which meant she got to take the match ball home. Jake watched from the sidelines and was absolutely itching to get up and bowl the opposition's best batswoman out!

No comments:

Post a Comment