Tuesday 7 May 2013

And so the cricket season begins...

Excuse the cheesy smiles. This snap was finally taken after twenty silly ones. Here are my two county cricketers in their 'match arrival' get up. It seems not all counties have an arrival outfit because Norfolk under 15 girls arrived in their training shorts and t shirts. Not that my two are particularly impressed with having to think about arrival outfits, training outfits (to warm up in and change into for cricket teas) and cricket whites. Huh, not to mention the massive pile of laundry I have to contend with this morning!

It's a mystery why our county chose black and pink for the girls tops when everything else is green and gold, but hey, E quite liked the polo shirt. When I was fifteen I would have just been glad we didn't have to play that particular sport in a netball skirt. Yuk.

Despite warnings that the bank holiday was going to be very hot and therefore very congested on the roads into Norfolk we managed to avoid most traffic queues. We didn't beat Norfolk but it is always a nice day out with a picnic. The Norfolk girls team Mums were swigging back the Strongbow and I heard the under 12 boys Mums were drinking champagne! I was making my own herbal tea with a flask of hot water, classy eh?

Only another two matches this week. It feels rather like being a travelling salesman, living out of a suitcase, except we travel around and live on the contents of the picnic box.

No comments:

Post a Comment