Sunday 14 October 2012

crochet on the go...

I'm going on a little trip in two weeks time. Homeward bound! Sussex here I come! I can't wait. I'm taking Mr H's proper DSLR camera this time so hopefully I will be able to take some proper photographs.

I dug out my little brown suitcase, which you can just about see in this photograph. I bought it at a boot sale about twenty years ago, long before all the vintage buzz. My grandfather couldn't believe I parted with three whole pounds for 'that old thing' but it has been in constant use ever since. It's such a good size for one or two nights away, or as an additional case for books, crochet, netbook, etc. I like its 'boxiness' if that's a word; so much easier to find things than in a holdall.

I'm so excited about going away (minus kids and husband) that I've already packed a few clothes. It's not that I don't love them of course, it's just nice to be just me for a few days. No doubt when I return they will appreciate how quickly and efficiently the washing gets done, the floors get hoovered, things get magically put away, the dishwasher gets loaded and so on. Either that or it will all be waiting for me on my return!

So with the trip in mind I have started a nice simple crochet project to take with me. It's the puff stitch snood from Erika Knight's Crochet Workshop. This will be my second one but this time as a gift.

It's such a reliable pattern and seems to hold my interest despite the rows being largely the same. There's a lot of wrist twisting for each puff stitch but on the plus side the rows are short and you can easily pick it up and put it down in between other things (like washing, making lunch, etc.)

I'd forgotten how addictive this pattern is and I am half way through the project already but I have a cunning plan for if I finish before my trip... I'll simply start another one! I have several good candidates for a puff stitch snood this Christmas!

I just need to find the male equivalent and I'll have the whole family wrapped up in wool this Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. planning a project to take with you is one of the best parts of taking a trip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Can't leave home without crochet! J x

    ReplyDelete