Thursday 4 October 2012

a splash of red...

I did a spot of charity shop browsing this morning and didn't find very much but it was a lovely long walk into town from where I left the car and fabulous warm sunshine!

This table cloth caught my eye even though it would normally be too much decoration for my taste. I talked myself into it with thoughts of Christmas! A splash of red for only £2.

It's such a hassle getting the decorations down from the loft and usually by the time we have done so I have rustled up some homemade decorations anyway. I like the quick and effective type that you can just throw away afterwards - paper snowflakes, simple garlands, foliage from the garden.

A couple of crochet ideas are planned for this year... crochet bunting, nightlight jars and maybe some snowflakes. Not too ambitious eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment