Wednesday 26 September 2012

bargain book...

I do love The Works for selling quite random books, because every now and then a crochet book turns up and good ones seem few and far between.

I bought this one yesterday for £3 and it contains more than 30 projects. Lots are quick and simple. I think it's one of those books you need to apply your own imagination and yarn tastes to. The patterns provide a good starting point and negate the need for guesswork.

The zigzag bag looks appealing if only to have a go at a stitch pattern I've not tried before.

The beanie and mitts in chunky yarn look like they might be a good stash buster and a nice quick evening project.

The ruffle throw caught my eye in natural aran weight wool and they've suggested it would make a good shawl too.

There's probably something for everyone; scarves, corsages, jewellery, bags, pillows. Christmas presents?

No comments:

Post a Comment