Thursday 29 March 2012

crochet blossom square...


Pattern for blossom square:

Using a 3.5mm hook and dk cotton in first colour: wrap cotton round finger to form a loop, (3ch, 3dc) 4 times, ss in base of 3ch.

ss in 1st ch sp, in same 3ch sp *(2tr. 2ch, 2tr), miss next dc, popcorn in next dc, rep from *3 more times, ss in top of tr.

It should look something like the picture below:



Change to 2nd colour, ss in 3ch sp, ch3, 1 tr, 2ch, 2tr, *popcorn in sp between 2tr, 1tr in 1ch at top of popcorn, popcorn in next tr sp. In 3ch sp (2tr, 3ch, 2tr) rep from * to end, ss in top of tr. It should now look like this...



Change to 3rd colour, ss in 3ch sp, now you simply granny around to finish: ch3, 2tr, 2ch, 3tr in same 3ch corner space, 3 x 3tr clusters evenly spaced along each side with (3tr, 2ch, 3tr) in each 3ch corner sp. ss to finish.



Popcorn stitch is simply 5tr in the same place, remove hook after 5th treble and poke through top of first treble, then put back through top of fifth treble, yarn round and pull through to close popcorn, chain 1 to secure.

ss = slip stitch
ch = chain
tr = treble
dc = double crochet
sp = space

all UK terms.

1 comment:

  1. These soft colors are so romantic, too beautiful. I really want to make these little squares it does remind one of spring.
    If I just sewed 4 of these little squares together, folded them in half I can make a pouch. I could make pretty little cell phone covers for my daughters new Tracfone LG800G smart phones so that they don't scratch their touch screens which cost me $50 ea. I only pay $6/month for 40 min. of talk time for each kid, quite a bargain for a family plan.
    My daughters are starting to teach me about the romantic shabby chic style of decorating, I think crocheted items like shawls and ghans with roses on look stunning in mauve, taupe, white and pinks.

    ReplyDelete