Tuesday 7 February 2012

beginner's stripes


The cotton wool buds have had a makeover! It wasn't planned, it kind of happened... I came across a rectangle of double crochet stripes from the days when I used to get confused about turning chains. I'd take a few balls of dk cotton to bed every night and, following a children's crochet book for guidance, tried to end up with the correct amount of stitches in each row. Finally the penny dropped and I ended up with an only slightly wonky strip which is now adorning the bud tub and cheering up a corner of the bathroom shelf.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for visiting my blog.
    I like your stripy crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting mine too! Love your puppy. Ours is 2 but still thinks he's a puppy! Crochet dog coat anyone? Perhaps not!

    ReplyDelete