Monday 23 January 2012

a family weekend

sunday socks

Hope you all had a good weekend. We had a rare family weekend (ie. no cricket, no sleepovers etc). Our mission on Saturday morning involved new football boots. Is it normal for an 11 year old boy to have size 9(UK) feet?

Lunch at Damon's was a nice treat. The decor is pretty cool (art deco). Food's not bad either!

Sunday was a lazy day with the men watching football (yawn!). I started watching the Mildred Pierce mini-series on dvd (a Christmas present from the children) having totally missed it on Sky. This is right up my street. I love anything set in a different era, there's so much to see. This is set in 1930s America, oh wow, the cars, the fashion, the interior design. I'll be watching this more than once. I think it will strike a chord for me, having a teenage daughter. I'll say no more.

Perhaps Mildred's pie-making influenced me a little - I used up a bunch of brown bananas and made muffins. They weren't my best ever in terms of looks but they taste fantastic. Recipe from a small book I've had for years; Muffins Fast and Fantastic by Susan Reimer. There is a newer version out now. The recipes seem totally foolproof. I like the fact that most just involve two bowls - one for dry ingredients and one for wet. You combine them both and spoon into muffin cases. Ta da. If I can do it, anyone can!

1 comment: